Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Piece of cake


Today I left the house at 5:30 am too early I believe and left to get my right foot fixed. Now this makes it surgery number 13 on my body. I was excited because I have been walking on the side of my foot and it has been causing major pain in my knee and hip.

Before all of my surgeries I would be in complete panic and worry all night about the surgeries and be in complete meltdown when I went to check in for surgery. Not anymore. I am a new woman - when it comes to surgeries.

I checked in very calmly. The IV went in my left hand - note to self this placement is great better than the right.

Nerve block - no crying, no ventilating. Simply laid flat on my stomach and then the nerve block went in behind my right knee. Wow - piece of cake. Woke up the surgery was done in two and half hours. Results: No need for bone graft - hip hip hooray! They removed the bone in my foot that was causing me to walk on the side of my foot. They put in one more plate and screw in my foot. My third toe and some other toes the joints were shattered and they had to put silicone joints in. My toes have pins in them. Literally they look like pins that my Grandma uses to sew!

The bottle nerve block is working!!!! This is how it is suppose to go not like the last knee manipulation I had.

Here is to my new foot!! Thanks to everyone who has kept me in their thoughts, prayers.

May we all be grateful for excellent nurses, excellent doctors, for Vicodin and bottle catheters. For all our feet that are flat and help us walk properly.

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear it went so well. I hope your recovery goes well and passes by quickly. We'd love to bring you dinner sometime. I'll text you to find out what day works.

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

I'm so glad you had your surgery and sooo glad it went so well! It's the little tender mercies that we can focus on to help us get through the not so fun times!!

Anna Lankford said...

We are glad your surgery went so well Corrine! We have been praying for you over here.

The Wrights said...

So glad everything went well today! You will continue to be in our prayers for a safe and quick recovery. We love you!
Dallas and Lizzy

Jessica said...

Congratulations on the new foot! I'm sure sorry that you have to go through all this.

lindsay said...

So HAPPY your surgery went smoothly! You are an amazing woman!