Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Doctors and Doctors and More Doctors

I think that if I would write a book this would be its title. For those of you - who have ever had the opportunity to deal with the medical field more than once and learn of different doctors and personalities...you know what I am talking about.
I had yet another medical procedure done. This is a repeat from 2009 but due to my car accident had to be redone again. I cringed thinking this is going to hurt. Yep it did like always. I think I am immune to pain to somewhat of a level.
Before my accident....I hate shots, I can't look at needles. When drawing my blood I would turn and look the opposite direction, while holding my breath and almost always coming to the edge of passing out.
Now...go ahead and shot me...Yep I had a finger prick everyday for 4 months. To make sure my blood was clotting correctly. I can look at needles now. Although I won't consider them my friends by any means. Drawing blood...no biggie...5 vials on Wednesday to measure my titers and all of the lovely blood transfusions that I had to have. No holding breath here anymore. Just a breeze...Like a lovely walk through Sugar House Park or like the Other Half Marathon...I did in Moab.
Not really good news from the medical procedure, but I kind of knew that in the back of my mind. But still hoping for good news. Guess what another medical procedure tomorrow. I bet that one hurts too.
May we all appreciate the technology of the medical field. May we all see the good that sometimes comes from pain.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You are one of the bravest people I know. I know that you've been forced to be. But, it doesn't lessen the fact that you are.