Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, September 24, 2010

Cheesecake & Shaving

Yesterday was a great day. My sorority sister friends came to pay me a little visit. We chatted, cried and ate cheesecake - a woman's delight. We have been friends for over 13 years. We were in the Lamda Delta Sigma sorority at Westminster. Even though we don't talk or see each other often, we try to shoot for at least once a year if not more, we can pick up right where we left off. These girls and our leader have provided me strength and emotional support and have influenced who I want to be when I grow up.

J - A woman of great integrity. She talked to be about have her son died and I have tried to take her advice to heart and it has helped me realize that we all have personal trials and journeys that make us who we are. I love you J.

A- What an amazing woman of strength and leadership. She is the relief society president for like the 15th time. She is an excellent mom.

R- I think of her as having quiet strength and lot's of patience. Also an excellent Mom and a wonderful teacher in many ways.

S- Love her humor - she can tell a story like no other and have everyone rolling and laughing on the floor. She taught me what qualifications one needs to have to be a falconer. Good luck with your Li'l apprentice coming soon!

M- We missed you. Heard you are the stake yw leader. I knew you had it in you. Always doing 10,000 projects at once and always on the go! You amaze me.

N- What a year for you. Congratulations. You have such amazing talents and it has been wonderful to see a new side of your womanhood and motherhood come out! We missed you.

Also guess what everyone - I shaved my legs! Almost three months of hair growing - Yikes. This is what Damon said, "Your leg hair is longer than mine." - Now I have beautiful shaved legs!

May you take time to remember your friends and how they have helped you grow. If you are growing you leg hairs out - don't it is not worth it at all. Shaved legs are always more beautiful.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I missed you guys so much. And Corrine, I love you! You are a remarkable woman!

Anonymous said...

Hey next time you guys get together I would love to visit too. I miss all of you guys.
--alicia

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the shaved legs! They were beautiful before anyway. We need a post for you too. Here's my contribution:
C:Has always been full of compassion, humor, and the cutest giggle laugh. One of the strongest women I know; she's a super tough chick!

love, Rachel