Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandma Hopkins

At the rising of the sun and at its going down We remember her.
At the blowing of the wind and the chill of winter We remember her.
At the opening of the buds and in the rebirth of spring We remember her.
At the blueness of the skies and in the warmth of summer We remember her.
At the rustling of the leaves and in the beauty of autumn We remember her.
At the beginning of the year and when it ends We remember her.
As long as we live, they too will live; for they are now a part of us, as we remember her.
When we are weary and in need of strength
We remember her.
When we are lost and sick at heart We remember her.
When we have joy we crave to share We remember her.
When we have decisions that are difficult to make We remember her.
When we have achievements that are based on theirs We remember her.
As long as we live, they too will live; for they are now a part of us, as we remember her..

Grandma - I named Livi after you. I wanted her to carry a part of you, even though you never got to meet her. I remember and hold beautiful memories of your compassion, service to others but most of all...you never said anything bad about anyone. What a legacy, you left for me. I know hope and pray, that you will take care of my little Livi girl, until...I can be with you both. I know that your firstborn died too, now I hold you in a higher light for your strength and braveness of your tear journey.

I wanted to let you know you are not forgotten. - I carry you in my heart.

3 comments:

Bethany Hopkins said...

Corrine- What a great tribute to Grandma. I wish I had gotten to meet her. From the stories I hear of her she was an amazing woman. I love her so much just for the people that she has influenced her grandchildren to be.

Love ya tons!
Bethany

Heather Stancel said...

That is one of my favorite poems. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see you and Damon next week.

Marie said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I need to send your gift. I am going to DC. I will send it next week when I am back in town.