Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, April 8, 2011

Knees

On Wednesday I had another doctor's appointment. I feel like I live at the U of U ortho center. I see three doctors there on a regular basis. My foot doctor, my trauma ortho doctor and my sports medicine doctor. Everyone knows me by my first name. I even brought the ladies at the front desk chocolates to make up for the time I screamed bloody murder when my toe-joint stitches came out!!! My foot doctor was pleased with my progress and I was excited to hear that I am not going to need any more ankle or toe operations. Here is the bad news always.....My trauma ortho doctor thinks that I have torn my PCL in my right knee as well as my left knee. Word on the street. Here I come Mr. Sport's Medicine Doc. (By the way - he is cute!) I am not the only one that thinks so!!! In two weeks I will find out if both my PCL's on my knees will need surgery. That would make my body in total - surgeries 14 and 15. So when little Kai Kai and I sing "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes." I think, "Oh no....here we go." Maybe I should sing PCL tears, femur breaks and pinned toes. May we all sing. May we all know it okay to be frustrated and want to give up sometimes.

2 comments:

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

If the cute doctor promises to do the operating, I say it's a go.. :) You're doing awesome Love!! Hang in there! Spring is right around the corner and that's sure to brighten anyone's day!

mandorama said...

Frustration = you're human. (And an excellent human, at that!)